View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Rosyhf

Default Pomegranate Jelly?

John brought home 4 large Poms, at 2.00 a piece. I love them but they are just too much effort to eat lol. I decided they would last longer if I made some jelly. I have never made jelly with Poms before. I managed to get 6 pints but I think I might have to re-cook and add more pectin. After adding the sugar and jars etc. I figured it cost just under 20.00 for these 6 pints. Talk about gourmet lol.

Then my neighbor sold her house and told me to take all the Meyer lemons that I could use. I have made 14 pints so far and it is to die for. This is the recipe I used.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes...mon_marmalade/

I made the first patch of 2 jars like her recipe but these next 12, I did a bit different. I peeled the skins with a potato peeler and chopped them in my chopper and cooked them for a bit and drained off that water and then did the rest like hers, I like this one better. The marmalade reminds me of the Scottish Marmalade, it has a bite to it and we like that.

Then I made two Pizzas from scratch, of course lol....it seems that I always spend Sundays working.
Attached Thumbnails p1020482.jpg   p1020483.jpg   p1020484.jpg