Old 12-05-2009, 11:26 AM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I talked to my LQS (local quilt shop) and they can order a bolt of Kona Indigo Blue for $95. I get 20% off and if they honor my local guild membership, I should get another 10% off on top of that. Thankfully they know me and will let me pay a little bit at a time. When I mentioned I needed a bolt of fabric for the background to hubby, I thought he was going to have an aneurism right then and there. (We need an icon of a smilie hiding under a chair!) According to him, there isn't a quilt out there that requires that much for background. Then he told me the king sized quilt I have on the guest bed only took about 6 yards of fabric to make. ...Um... ROFLMBO!!!! I tried to patiently explain it had more like 20 yards of fabric in it. All I got was a glare; at which time I retreated to my quilt room for some therapy.
he sounds like my DH. i can't tell you how many times he says "you take perfectly nice fabric and cut it up and then sew it back together. why can't you just use the fabric how it is?"