View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Cottage Dee

Originally Posted by linda701 View Post
Just wondered if any of you have went to florida for the winter. DH and I are going for three months and stay in a park model along with our two dogs. What kind of quilting stuff do you take for a trip like this. Won't have a lot of room in suv to take much with the dogs going? Kind of nervous about going and not knowing anyone.Thank you so much in advance for any replys.
I went to Sun N Fun in Sarasota for years, many in our motor home, and the last 2 years we stayed in a park model. Loved it! I would take my sewing machine. Also before we left Michigan, I made up a kit of something I wanted to make. Last year it was a double irish chain for a double bed. I did get the top finished, and quilted it when we came home in April. The Park has so many groups to join, that we were busy nearly every day. There are 2 quilting groups that I went to. Everything is so organized, and each group has projects to do each week. Where are you going in FL? Due to health issues we will not go this year....sigh..

I know you are going to have a really nice winter! In Sarasota it would get cold in January, so I took a warm jacket. I will be thinking of you...please keep us posted as to what you do there, and where you are, ok?

Last edited by Cottage Dee; 11-04-2013 at 05:18 AM.