View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 AM
sparkys_mom

I use my crockpot a lot. QuiltE is so right, though, the new crockpots work at a higher temp and you can really ruin something by overcooking.

Chicken is probably my favorite thing to do. Whole chicken with nothing added as previously mentioned. Chicken parts with barbeque sauce makes great pulled chicken sandwiches. You can also do that with pork loin or shoulder (your choice).

I find a lot of recipes at allrecipes.com and a great thing about that site is the reader reviews. Lots of people will mention adjustments they made to the basic recipe and I find that helpful. Here's a link to their crockpot section: http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Everyd...r/?src=mer1231

One other thing. If you are having difficulty staying on your feet (I have that problem, too) I often break up the task. I might do part of the prep the night before, stick it in the fridge and then finish it off in the morning when I put it in the crock. If you google, you will also find ideas for creating crock ready meals that can be frozen - just thaw overnight and put in the crockpot the next morning. I do that a lot because I'm cooking just for me and I find I can split a crockpot recipe into 2 or 3 freezer bags, using one right away and the others a week or so later.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 11-04-2013 at 05:27 AM.