Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... I used to work with some French Canadian girls, and yes, I know exactly what you mean about your Phillipinos! Once Upon A Time is so sweet, so precious. Absolutely love the gentleness of the colours/fabrics used.

JanRN ... Smiling at Patches and the word "cheese".
Then no doubt he got to understand "fromage"

Here's my puppy story ..... Lucy (PB Irish Setter x Travelling Man!) loved truck rides. All she needed to hear was the jingle of the truck keys coming down off the hook on the wall and she'd be gone like a bullet from the family room to the door and out to the truck. They used to tease her, and jiggle the car keys ... nope, no fooling her, she knew the difference! Or If she saw/heard the truck running she'd sit by the door, til the door was opened. Didn't want to miss her truck ride. Dogs are far from stupid!

QNSue ... I tend to agree with your DH. Once the winter weather comes, I keep a backpack in my truck with mitts, scarf, hat etc. just to be prepared. We get in the habit of not over dressing, knowing we are just from the house to the car to the store (or wherever) and don't need much extra warmth. The unexpected can happen (just ask DDamsel) ...and it's better to be prepared. And if I need to be out in wicked weather, the old snowmobile suit will be added. As you have oft said ... better to be prepared!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-04-2013 at 07:21 AM.