View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Kani

Thank you ladies so so much. You have helped me more than you know.
I took the bobbin out of the machine and did what Jamie Wallen suggested. (Thank you so much Prim 99 for the video.) When I pulled on the bobbin thread it was tight. Adjusted it so it did as Jamie said.
I also looked at the upper tension. There is a little screw that holds the spring on my machine. I removed the screw and moved the little spring to make sure it was okay. Put the screw back in and adjusted the upper tension. I think it is on 2.5 or 3 will have to check that one.
Oh before I forget I cleaned out the bobbin area and took thread (didn't have no wax floss) thru the discs in the upper tension.
Made sure all setting were set as was told.
Put the machine back on the frame. DD and I threaded the machine. I did a straight line showing her how to do it. Turned it over to DD and off she went. LOL She loves it. She even did a few little designs nothing fancy.
I told her to hang on and not to get to froggy yet. I checked the bottom of the quilt and we had good stitches there too! Whahoo! Before we had eyelashes that was unreal. (I didn't know that until I took the machine off the frame).

We do have one little problem yet but at least we aren't breaking needles now. I think I may need to tighten it in the frame just a little. We did really good on the first 4 rows. We rolled it on the take up rail. Stitching along and then the machine some how gets the thread twisted in the needle area (looks like it is double threaded but it's not) and then the thread will shred if we keep going.
I don't know how else to explain it. If it does it again I'll take a pic and post it. I have had my regular machine do this. Haven't figured out why yet.
I am happy as a lark now not to be breaking needles. When we get everything straightened out I will post a photo of our beginnings.
Thank you all so much. If I could give you all a big hug I would ((((Hugs))). You all are WONDERFUL and so helpful.
I am doing a happy dance.