View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
deedles215

Originally Posted by bearisgray
oh- now I see what you mean by strips - I thought you had just cut long strips of fabric - -

how do you have these pressed? that makes a difference in how well they go together.
I started with a 9.5 x 9.5 block of 4 blocks like bricks (unfinished, each 3.5 x 6.5), and one 3.5 sq block in the middle. I kind of ran out of fabric to have enough blocks to make the quilt the size I wanted... lol~ didn't want to go back to buy 1/16 yd of each color... so started to get creative and added the 3.5 x 9.5 white blocks. I just started laying it out... somehow came up with this pattern, but then realized I couldn't sew them into blocks like I wanted because there were no obvious 'seams', so I ended up with the strips like I have above.

I now have them sewn together, had a few extra 9 x 9 blocks that I had extra (the orientation was wrong), so I'm making a quilted pillow sham as well- going to try out the batting/binding/pinning on that first. We'll see how it goes... I'll put a picture up once I get that done. It shouldn't take me long... but we'll see! I have the top and bottom started and tumbling in the dryer right now.

ah... Always a work in progress.

I'm having so much fun though- I LOVE this! Thanks everyone who's helped to get me addicted. :)