View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Pagzz

I find it sad when people give up on groups early on. It does take a lot to get to know one another. I belonged to one guild for three years and didn't know many people, but I enjoyed the meetings and was busy with my life. I moved and joined a guild and in this one I have been on committees and an officer and I know more people but that doesn't really matter to me. I enjoy the meetings and the speakers just like in the old guild. What is different here is that the guild really pushes new people to join a small group (bee) or make a new one and those women have become my good friends. Now when someone is visiting the guild I will try and say hello and be friendly BUT I think new people can feel left out because I am trying to catch up with people I know well and care deeply about and I haven't seen them for a month or two and we have 15 mins to socialize before the meeting starts. What I am trying to convey is that a stranger might misunderstand my limited socialization with the new people that show up. I don't intend to make anyone unwelcome.