Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Thank you for doing that so promptly. I'm thinking pillows for my MOm in law!! : :-D
You're welcome! I decided if I wait until I have everything done that I am on deadline for it would never get done! So I just took time to do it. I had most of the pictures already so it didn't take long to put together. It is very much the same as the crumb method but I think I just take it a bit farther.

I hope you post pics of what you make with it!!! Happy sewing! This is a feel good thing to do because you really don't have to any thinking just grab scraps and throw them under the needle and sew! Even crooked seams don't really matter unless they are really really crooked. But you will see in some of my examples that I have curved lines. They weren't planned!! They just happened when I got in a hurry and didn't seam it straight enough.

When you start if it is hard to sew a straight seam you can trim first and then sew. I sew first then trim. Either way works. If you need a seam guide cutting first is a good idea.