View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
It looks good. Study some of Leah Days videos and you will see she has thread buildup. She uses isocord thread so she can back track several times in some designs. The only way to get perfect stitching is with a long arm run by a computer. The more you FMQ the better you will get but I wouldn't take out your stitching. I find a little less then perfect stitching is better then the holes left from removing it. Sometimes washing the quilt will close in the holes but sometimes not.
It is like everything in life, you must practice, practice and practice. I was able to perfectly backstitch over my stitches even sometimes hitting into the same hole. You need to always know where you are going so don't look at where the needle NOW, look AHEAD to where you want the needle to go. That is what Harriet Hargrave taught me. You might check her schedule if she will be teaching a class near you??

The ONLY way to get perfect stitches is to get one of those VERY expensive longarm that are so expensive, you could buy a Mercedes Benz for what it will cost you. Hang in there and keep practicing!

PS There is always a need for charity quilts for adults, kids and dogs. Making quilts for even dogs, which I did is a perfect way to cultivate your skills.