Old 11-05-2013, 06:41 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Same thing happened to me. After going to the quilt show held here in February, I asked about joining. They invited me to the next meeting to see if I wanted to join. I was not informed I had to bring "samples" of my work and do a "show and tell". I lugged my sewing machine in case I was going to use it. I saw a couple people I knew who immediately acted like they didn't know me. I mean I've known them for many years but truly standoffish. Didn't take long and I didn't even take my sewing machine out. I never saw so many people give me such a cold look and it was "suggested" I try another guild. I asked why and was told it was because they were a "Christian Group". How dare they! My reply was that I was going to check around and see if I couldn't find a "Really True Christian Group" who was not just a bunch of gossipy B*****s, who actually knew what "Christian" meant. I was not even given a chance. And yes I guess I did pass judgment by calling them the "Bs" but was only for a moment. At least one thing for sure, they knew I called things they way I saw them. I wasn't even there 30 minutes. 100 degrees outside and below freezing indoors. I called a couple other guilds and asked if any of the people I knew from the other guild were members and of course they were. I did go to another guild where the meeting house was 30 minutes away but got to be too much lugging the machine. Am looking for a light-weight and not wanting to pay a whole lot but too many things really going on. So will put off. I still hear from this last guild though. Really need to get back into it. Take my mind off things that have arisen.