View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Quilter 65

Default "Hot Mess" for the 6th Grandchild

I looked up the definition to be sure it wasn't offensive in some way that I wasn't aware of and found "dizzingly chaotic in appearance" and hence the title. My youngest grandson wanted a Monster Truck quilt with "blue flame" fabric. So I studied and decided that warm wishes would present the most opportunity for focus fabric. Well, while it is a wonderful pattern, I messed it up by now using a more solid fabric in the alternating blocks, or not using solid fabric as a frame or something.... At any rate, he wanted monster trucks and it is alive with them. I got all the blue flame I could find, but had to use a couple of other flame fabrics to finish it up. He is six and really wants this badly so I am sure he won't notice the artistic flaws and will hopefully just love it. He hasn't seen the finished quilt, just bits and pieces here and there. He keeps asking, is it finished yet? He will finally get it at Christmas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445040[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445039[/ATTACH]

Quilted with pantographs by a young man trying to find something he can do given his physical limitations. Hasn't been quilting very long and he is doing a neat job. Everyone, hope you have a great week.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3661-small-.jpg   100_3662-small-.jpg