Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Tuxedo Mom

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
boy I just shopped online for my cats to find an electric water fountain but to no avail. I keep reading the reviews and nothing seems good. water splashes onto the floor, noisy, etc. Anyone know of a good one? I have three cats and one that loves to sit and watch her water bowl!
We have two Drinkwell Platinum fountains (one for each house) that we have had for several years. They are actually designed for dogs but our cats love them. My husbands long-time travel companion developed kidney disease about 15 years ago and our vet said cats usually don't get enough liquids and a fountain that bubbled or had running water would intrigue him into drinking more water. Oscar lived another eight years to three months past his 21st birthday so it was well worth the cost, and at that time, the carrying the fountain across the state with us from our house to our condo. After Oscar crossed that Rainbow Bridge, we adopted two beautiful tuxedo cats and just bought another Drinkwell so we didn't have to constantly take the one apart each time we traveled with the boys. It is great for keeping your fur babies healthy. And I don't have a problem with water on the floor - I bought a small boot caddy at Walmart and have the fountain sitting on that. Usually if the fountain overflows it means you need to take it apart and clean the hair out - should be cleaned each week anyway. But it washes clean easily and goes in the dishwasher if you don't have the time to wash it yourself.