View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Macybaby

Default A few of the new machines

The first two were part of a group of three I got for $30. I really wanted the Davis, and the MN is nice too. The third turned out to be a 1904 Singer 27 reconditioned with the crinkle finish - for some reason, the seller thought it was a Necchi - but after seeing the machine in person I was pretty sure what it actually was. So I've got another 27 for parts . . .

Here is the Davis - this is the vertical feed model.

And the Minnesota.

I have not tried to figure out what model number this MN is - but I assume it's also made by Davis. Though it appears there is a "C" decal up near the flywheel. Does that indicate it's a model C ?

Both of these came with a shuttle and bobbin.

And one more - this one I bought off ebay for $90 including shipping. It came with one bobbin and the case. The motor was in pieces so I asked the seller not to ship it. Glad I did, based on how this was packed I figured it would have been including loose in the case. It was shipped Fed-Ex and was sitting on our doorstep upside down when we came back from the store on Saturday.

I'm going to have to set up one treadle base that I can interchange machines on, since I've somehow ended up with so many different treadle machines suddenly.