Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Beauty block, Janie; Ann did a good job. Lovely set of blocks in your collection. I know how you felt driving on ice with kids in the car. Been there and done that too many times in raising our children. Love the State of Illinois who said in their traffic laws, "Do not start through an intersection at a stop light until the area is clear of traffic". And My boss who said, "I don't care how late you are getting to work, just get here in one piece!". And the day in the deep snow fall when the police ordered everyone off the road, and a few idiots had to try to drive around and see the scenic snow sites. They got a ticket.

After Christmas going back to Illinois from Iowa down the interstate and seeing 18 wheelers in the ditch and having the kids in the pickup cab with us, trying to get back home, holding our breath and fingers crossed, to get back home in one piece...and snow coming down quick, fast and thick. Yes, even after we retired, and had visited his Father in Cedar Rapids, snow storm blew in closing all roads...discovering interstate30 was still open, unlike interstate 80 closed, we made a dash for home and quickly discovered ice under the snow. So DH put the 4 x 4 into gear and we crept homeward at less than 30 miles per hour two thirds of the way home, seeing cars and pickups stuck in the snow and ditches. Seen a snow plow stuck in the snow. Often there was just one lane to drive in, instead of the whole two lanes. Angels were guiding us that day, too.