Old 11-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Susann

"Although we live in an upscale suburb, the woman on the phone who invited us sounded nice. ........I'm wondering 3 things; is there a local (non-religious, non-snobby) quilt guild."

I'm carefully thinking how to word this since I'm pretty new here and it's so easy to misunderstand. These two sentences jumped out at me in your question. I'm so sorry that that was your feeling with the group but please don't think that being upscale means that the members won't be nice. Or that it being a religious group means you won't be welcomed or that they will try to convert you if it's something you're not interested in. One of the best groups I was ever in (it's wasn't a quilting group) was a Catholic based group in a very affluent area. I am not Catholic (we were only 1 of two families that weren't) or affluent but I learned so much from everyone there and they were very welcoming. I still keep in contact with several of the families. Keep contacting and trying out groups-you'll find your fit and it might surprise you where you end up! At least that was my experience.