View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Stitch124

Default My sewing room was getting outta hand!!

So last night I had the house to myself. I'm never alone and last night was the first time in weeks I've been able to come home and do whatever I wanted without having to cook, clean, fold laundry, do dishes, etc. I went straight to my sewing room and decided to clean off my cutting table.

I purchased two clear plastic locking project trays at Joanns and put my two WIPs projects so I wouldn't lose any pieces. Folded some remnants and put those away. Took the scraps and put them in their appropriate baggies.

Then I relocated the bookshelf and rearranged the books and magazines so they would be easier to access. Took all my needles and organized them, using my labelmaker and little plastic chewing gum containers I identified each needle size and put them in separate containers.

I bought another clear plastic case and labeled the separate sections to store each of the different presser feet for all of my machines and put them in the case so they wouldn't get lost.

Realizing I have about 4 too many pincushions on my sewing table I narrowed it down to two. The others will be donated to the quilt guild as door prizes.

Just having my attachments in one spot and all organized and all of my needles organized...really helps me feel more in control. Before that I had stuff scattered hither and yon.....Now everything is an arm's reach. Still need to do more scrap cutting so I can make use of my scraps for scrappy projects...but that will come next...probably at Thanksgiving vacation time.

AHHHH