View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:11 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
That's really very pretty, great job. Where did you get the pattern for the leaves? Wouldn't they be beautiful in batiks?
Good question ... I haven't a clue. Back then I had those old time quilt leaflets you could buy and I subscribed to the quilt world and quilter's Newsletter. Oh and Better Homes and Gardens. It must have come from one of those.
But, if you save a picture and print it out full sized, then cut it apart, you only have to add the eighth inch to the pieces to have it for yourself. Back then you see we used a piece of cardboard to trace around with a pencil, then we eye-balled the eighth of an inch seam allowance as we used scissors to cut them out. Now I would tape them to a piece of paper, draw in the eighth inch lines and then use them to cut out the shapes. You then did a needle turn to applique them to the background. Labor intensive you say? Yup, you would be right. It is a wonder I continued to quilt it took so long to do. LOL... God bless the women that invented all of the time saving ways we quilt now. That is all I have to say.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-05-2013 at 12:21 PM.