Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Not in my day - not repairs. I've seen the Singer factory movie where women worked in the factory but not in the repair shops I was in. They maybe sold machines and vacuum cleaners but did not do repairs. I don't think the men wanted women to know how to do anything - they wanted them to bring machines in for every little thing and then sell them a new machine if they could. It took nearly 50 years after they were invented before men would buy a sewing machine for a woman to use at home. Things are so darn sexist with sewing machines. I get men coming to my shop very sheepishly telling me they want a sewing machine for themselves - when I tell them there are plenty of men that sew they look so relieved - some sew for business some sew just to relax - I don't know why they sew but they do - probably for the same reasons women sew... What ever... LOL

The last OSMG stash I bought out had a stack of 3M paper with prices. Some time I should type some in. The OSMG must have died in the mid 1970s or early 80s. Stuff was tossed into a closet. Cheeky grin. It is all prior to that time. I could shoot a picture but the print is so small it won't show up very well. Maybe someone with a scanner could print scan it and make a pdf or some such. Computers are not my area of expertise. Oh I have every kind of plastic gear - rattle my cage if you need some. I have some kind of early electronic part thingy too. so adhd.......