View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:53 AM
Stitch124

Coastie -- You hit the nail on the head as far as having alone time. That's when I 'recharge'. My husband is hard of hearing...wears hearing aids...but I swear they don't work because I usually have to repeat myself at least 3 times. It's hard work just to carry a conversation with him. And he's a talker and I'm not...probably because he's not a very good listener, so when I talk it's probably because I have something worth listening to. When I have to repeat myself over and over, I just give up, go to my sewing room and sew away. I asked for his help moving and rearranging some furniture in my sewing room and since it's not on his list of priorities, he forgot about it. So when I was home alone I decided to just do it myself. He's also not much of a team player and if I want to move something to a certain spot he will say, 'are you sure, don't you want to do this, or that, or that won't work.' It's just easier to do it myself. Anyway, last night he went to visit his daughter, so I had another evening alone! yeah! I got a nice hot shower, gave my dog a bath, had a grilled cheese, not a 3 course meal which he must have every night. Then I organized my thread stash best as I could and started sewing a new quilt. Got a lot done too and it felt so good. Also got the laundry washed, folded and put away. It's amazing how much I can get accomplished when he's not around!!! I feel so good when things are organized!