Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
grant15clone

Manicmike, I have to say, that is a pretty machine.
Sorry for the absence, trying to catch up on threads here. A Yahoo update has screwed up everything.

I would like to mention something that came to my attention recently. A woman asked her local SMG if he would work on her vintage machines. A 66 and a 201-2. He said that they were too old, and declined to take them in for maintenance. She found me (I think from QB) and I did the necessary work for her. She couldn't find anyone local to work on them. She drove 1.5 hours each way to drop them off and pick them up so, six hours drive time total. I have to admit, I felt bad about the drive time she had.

Has anyone else had that happen to them? A local shop here has started to take in restorations and I am doing them for him because he only knows the plastic machines. I have asked him about a Singer 66 and he looks at me like I am speaking Greek to him.

Also, as far as women doing repairs, my mom grew up on a farm back in the 40's and she taught me a lot about how to fix things. Some have it and some don't, no matter what the gender is.
~G~