View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Cecilia S.

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Thanks everyone. Well, I cleaned up the Morse 300 Deluxe and sewed with her this morning. Alas she is NOT 'The One'. Close but just not quite there. But she sews great and very strong. Also fun because the tension assembly is unique.
Sunflowerzz, based on the Vogue and also another Singer of which you posted photos, I say, you have a real gift for cleaning machines! Very beautiful and detailed cleaning.

Give the blue Morse a bit of a chance. My avatar machine is nearly the same, though mine is more of a Singer clone, with the stitch length lever being in a round plate. It was my first machine, paid about a dollar a pound for him, an he hums like a stiching Gentle Giant. So soothing! Maybe yours is not in mechanically as pristne shape, maybe it is a different company... but I can say, my Great Blue is just aaaamaazzzzing. I could sew mindless lines of nothing just to hear the quiet hummy motor and watch the stitches form, one after perfect another. I think perhaps sometimes, after decades of not being used, the machines need a little bit more running than just cleaning-and-oiling, in order to get their joints moving nicely again... :-)