View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Oksewnsew

RFC, my Dad always called skunks 'stinkin' kitties', good name for them! This one was potent, the smell is still in the are where he got Zoe`! Even after a hard, long rain yesterday evening & nite, and cold weather. A quilter mentioned putting moth balls along the fence, skunks don't like them.. But, I feed the squirrels and birds, not sure if that wud keep them away. She also mentioned, later, that orange or lemon peels spread around there keeps them away. I took some Real Lemon juice and sprayed it around down there, seemed to help.. Next time (which who knos) I'll use the hydrogen peroxide and Dawn to bath her..They say the hydrogen per. breaks down the oil in the scent and the Dawn washes it all away...The first time she got it, couple yrs ago, she chased the darn thing, and got it all over, this time she didn't see him but when she got up from her squat, guess he thot she was coming after him and UP went that darn tail!! right in the face. The full body one was awful to get rid of..I went thru a whole BIG can of mater juice and doggie soap. It is without a question the worst odor to remove...whew!!!