View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:49 PM
coastienest

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Oh, I so understand you! My husband was US Navy and out of 20 years, 16 were sea-going. (Probably to get away from me! HA!) One gets used to alone time in the evenings. Now, three years into retirement, I love it when he goes to choir practice on Wednesday nights and i can be alone and do what I want in my sewing room. I could go there when he's home...I just feel like I can't! Someone asked me why I wasn't in the choir. If they only knew!! Good for you for getting so much done!
Coopah, my husband spent 21 years in the Coast Guard and I too spent a lot of time by myself with the kids. Funny thing now is that he gets up at 3:45 each morning for work gets home again at 5:30 pm and is in bed by 7:30 again. I have gotten used to that, so if he for some reason is up till 8 or so, I'm getting antsy to go down to my "domain". Terrible I know, but true. Hey, makes for a long marriage though, right? Stitch 124 sounds as if you could join us and we could write our own "free time tickets" for life. Love it!.