Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 AM
gardnergal970

I've been lurking again this week. It's so nice to hear of QNS's successful surgery and Anael is making some progress, Bram is gaining weight, Honchey is "tripping" again but not falling down, OK is back in home base to keep the farm running, DD is getting ready for winter, Carrie needs some sunshine and hugs, Jan will have to wash a uniform in the middle of the week to keep up with her new schedule, Janie has a bunch if "sandwiching" to do/done, GrannyQ is starting her therapy and is worried about DH, Mirabelle is the energizer bunny that just keeps going and going and going and creating so much beauty in her path, QuiltE is hitting her stride with FMQ, Dubib is still settling in and waiting for a good buyer on the old house, and Jeanie has her plate full with family and camping. What a busy group!
i did get my FWS flimsy done last Friday, no pictures yet and will get the final borders on the Mirabelle quilt this week. It has been a trial to get the right color sashing and borders for this one. The Fabric is beautiful but the fabric from the same line that I had planned to use just didn't work. So much for planning the entire quilt from the beginning like my QB friend does. We were at a customer appreciation day at the LQS yesterday and looking at fabric for next years BOM and her first question was, what would you use for sashing! I told her that my quilts are organic....they just grow, some with more success than others. She also knows before she starts exactly who she is making the quilt for or where it will go in her house. How do you all start/plan your quilts?