Thread: Mystery Quilts
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:32 AM
mpeters1200

I have almost made one. I made it part of the way through a Debbie Coffrey mystery. I was still a beginner and didn't realize all those individually cut HST were going to be geese and square in a squares or I would have made them differently. Not one single piece I made matched the 5.5" finished size. It was a disaster. I've put most of the pieces back into my stash and the rest I just threw out.

That being said, I'm doing Bonnie's Orange Crush right now. I love it. The mystery is revealed as in I can see the picture of what it's going to look like when it's done. The triangle units I can make them my way since I know what units they will end up and it will waste less fabric and provide me TONS of less frustrations.

I LOVE jigsaw puzzles, yet I want to know what each one is going to look like when it's done so I know what goes where. It makes sense to me to know what a mystery is going to look like in the end and the mysterious part is just doing one thing at a time through the process and then assembling the pieces like I would jigsaw. I'm having a ball.