View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
SandyinZ4

Default Quick and Easy Coaster

Quick and Easy Coaster

Here is a really quick, fast and easy way to make a coaster. Take 5 different pieces of fabric 5 inches square ( or use 5 charm pieces). Lay the piece that you want to be the back right side up. Fold the 4 remaining pieces in half vertically. Place them on the bottom square with the raw edges matching the outside edge of the back piece. Go around the square like you fold a box top. When you come to the last piece, tuck part of it under piece number 1.
Note: An alternative way is to fold the 4 remaining pieces diagonally and then place them around the square the same way with raw edges matching raw edges of bottom square.
Pin in place and then sew a 1/4 inch seam all around the outside. Check the back to make sure that you caught each piece in the seam. Turn right side out, press and Voila...a coaster. I like to sew around the outside edge after I turn it right side out but not required. I think this would be a great way to use up scraps of fabric with different themes like Christmas, fall, spring, patriotic etc.
There are basically 4 layers of fabric so you shouldn't need batting.
Show me pics when you get yours done.
Attached Thumbnails coaster1-large-.jpg   coaster2-large-.jpg   coaster3-large-.jpg   coaster4-large-.jpg   coaster5-large-.jpg