View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Don't forget the homemade banana pudding and a miracle whip chocolate cake with your offerings. Always a big hit with my big informal gatherings.
If people are dropping in during the whole night, I make pretty ICED meat, vegetable and fruit trays. Really great sandwich rolls and cookies and candy dishes filled to the brim! I put out pickle, olive and relish dishes and a couple great potato salad or macaroni salad dishes. Don't forget the decorations like a beautiful fresh bouquet of roses or carnations that smell up the place and fancy paper plates and napkins (if informal) or the good stuff if formal. Put something outside at the front door to welcome everyone like a decorated sled or ski's. People will be impressed before they step into the house. Remember to put the serving tongs, forks and spoons in each dish. Then set up a drinks area with tea, sodas , ice, coffee, creamer, sugar, alcohol, glasses, cups and spoons. Much of this can be set up the day before.

Make yourself a list of to do things and a list for shopping. Lots of these items can come from the deli or great bakery in your neighborhood. Who will know if you put them out onto your pretty platters? Check it off as you go and remember to slow down during the party and smile. Be dressed at least an hour ahead of the party. Greet each person as they arrive and try to mingle with them all. A good hostess is organized enough to enjoy her own party. Put on some great music soft in the background. It sets the mood. Take pictures so you can sit back and remember your first hostess experience.

I know you can have a good time and look like a pro. Just get organized and go for it.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.