Old 11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
vintageidaho

Default More Pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]445571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]445572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]445573[/ATTACH]

It took a little while to upload but i think they all made it. The last two are of the "can". Amazing to me being a non sewing person how significant a tiny little piece can be to the originality, and functionality of a machine.

So my plan for this is to restore it to working condition. I have been restoring wood boats for years so i am pretty savy when it comes to very old preservation. The wood on the cabinet will only be cleaned and oiled. I refuse to scrape 100 years of patina off anything,( unless its too far gone). It will actually devalue an item to people who are looking for original pieces.

I have been a member of wood boat forums and restoration forums and i must say you guys really have a very,very,nice site. I have been able to find everything i need as far as info on this machine and the mechanical restoration i'm going to do. But i may ask the experts a question or two if i may.

I am looking forward to this project!!! Gonna be a bit different in size then what im used to. My grand mother taught me how to sew 25 years ago when i was a little boy. I'm looking forward to using this machine to re acquaint myself....
Attached Thumbnails national-sewing-machine-003.jpg   national-sewing-machine-006.jpg   national-sewing-machine-008.jpg   national-sewing-machine-004.jpg