View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

For those who don't have a crock pot. Many years ago a client of mine gave me a recipe for company stew. I used a very lean meat or you can use packaged stew meat. In my case it was a 3# piece of London Broil (on sale). Just cut the meat in the size pieces you like (I use 1-1 1/2 inch pieces). In a roasting pan with a lid, I put the meat in (don't have to brown at all goes in raw. You can use fresh, frozen or canned veggies whatever you have on hand or want. If using canned dump the whole can juice and all. No need to thaw the frozen veggies. After all the veggies, I added a can of beef broth, beef granules, onion soup mix. Season how you want but go easy since some of the canned and frozen veggies have some sodium. I throw in garlic and celery. Makes a lot. In the oven at 275 for about 3-5 hours and the hardest part is to keep from checking on it because of the delicious aroma. I only make this when I know someone is going to be home. I never leave the stove/oven on and leave the house. I also have to leave a note "Do Not Open oven door". One last note. I prefer the fresh potatoes versus the frozen. The most time consuming is cleaning any veggies (potatoes, carrots, celery stalks). Outcome is great.