Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 AM
J Miller

I found a CL add here in Springfield. The seller is cleaning out two storage lockers his late uncle had. Here's the link:
{ http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/hsh/4162255455.html }.

One of the items is a Singer Mdl 15 with the RAF decals. ( Picture 2 in the add ).
His add says contact him with offers. I did. The machine is in nice condition, but no cabinet, accessories, attachments or manual.

I texted him an offer and he responded but didn't say yes or no. We texted back and his next reply was:
"Thank you for your offer. After doing some research it appears the sewing machine is from 1936. I've seen this model and similar ones sell for between $600 to $900. I don't expect to get that much from this one, because I have not thoroughly checked it out and I am not an expert on them. I am willing to accept $200. I feel that is a fair "wholesale" price for someone who is familiar with antique sewing machines and want's to resell it for a profit."

I have not responded to him again. Simply because he's so far out of reason he's got to be smoking whacky weed.

Joe

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-21-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: remove copyright image