Old 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I texted him an offer and he responded but didn't say yes or no. We texted back and his next reply was:
"Thank you for your offer. After doing some research it appears the sewing machine is from 1936. I've seen this model and similar ones sell for between $600 to $900. I don't expect to get that much from this one, because I have not thoroughly checked it out and I am not an expert on them. I am willing to accept $200. I feel that is a fair "wholesale" price for someone who is familiar with antique sewing machines and want's to resell it for a profit."
Joe
He probably looked on eBay and saw the asking prices. Why does he think you want to sell it for profit?

"-Vintage Singer electric sewing machine (with original box)"
So he took it out of the "box" and set it on the ground to take a pic of it? IF he could get 200 for it, it would have to have good wiring, which does not include a cut off extension cord, or tape on the bed for that matter, and it would have to be a really well crafted ad (like some of the ebay ones we've seen on this thread)

"Now accepting cash bids."
I didn't think you were allowed to do that on Craigslist? Aren't bids part of an auction?