Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
SteveH
Banned

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I found a CL add here in Springfield. The seller is cleaning out two storage lockers his late uncle had. Here's the link: { http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/hsh/4162255455.html }.I texted him an offer and he responded but didn't say yes or no. We texted back and his next reply was: "Thank you for your offer. After doing some research it appears the sewing machine is from 1936. I've seen this model and similar ones sell for between $600 to $900. I don't expect to get that much from this one, because I have not thoroughly checked it out and I am not an expert on them. I am willing to accept $200. I feel that is a fair "wholesale" price for someone who is familiar with antique sewing machines and want's to resell it for a profit." I have not responded to him again. Simply because he's so far out of reason he's got to be smoking whacky weed. Joe
I sent them this. Let's see if reason can be a product of multiple inputs....

"Greetings,My Name is Steve Heeter. I am a collector of antique sewing machines. I run The Victorian Sweatshop ,,,
Although the Singer 15 "wings" pattern machine you have is way too new to be part of my museum, I do have a friend who likes these vintage "electrified" models. Would you be willing to accept an offer of $50 for that machine? That seems to be about the standard for machines in this incomplete/unrestored condition. Cash of course.
Thank you for you consideration,
Steve"

we'll see what happens

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-21-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: remove link to members website