Old 11-09-2013, 10:54 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Bingo!! ... JanieW is right!!
The Royal = The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair!

World Class livestock of all breeds and species are shown during the ten days that the Farm comes to the City. The exhibitors come from all over the USA and Canada, with many travelling from all parts of the world to view the show. It is all indoors, and at the same location as the CNE where I was in the summer. Only blocks to downtown Toronto.

http://royalfair.org/
A good overview video here ...
http://www.todocast.tv/rmpictures/royalfair2013free/

It was a grand mini-holiday! Met up with a friend for the two days together. Saw so many people that I haven't seen since last year, and some longer. The heavy horses as always were a highlight for me. Five Clydesdale hitches on Thursday night as part of the Horse Show. Then last night we were out in the barns when they were hitching the Percheron-6's. Seven hitches from USA and Canada including one from OKs Iowa!! So incredible to be right there and only a few feet from them as they hitched, and then stamped their way down the chute and into the ring. Also, saw the Green Meadows (stage coach elegance type) getting hitched. And yes, as you can well imagine, this dairy girl watched the Holstein show yesterday .... a long sit! but a trip down memory lane.

JanieW ... Would that be a loaf of bread into sandwiches? Good for you for getting so many done!! Though I would be in agony doing all the floor crawling to accomplish that'! Looks like you might have them all done by January ... and then another binge will have to happen!

OKSGlad ... looks like a great PC user-upper in the making!! For one of the DGDs I'm guessing? I'm a little confused ... does the bag for the Guild MBs go from one to the other? and then at the end the provider of the fabric gets the bag back, filled with blocks? Good Luck on the Jury Duty next week. I served for a stint about 35 yrs ago. Was called a couple of years ago, and was excused for medical reasons, before the selection process began.

OKSGlad and QNSue ... two nice new blues to add to the collection!

MiraB ... oh so sweet DGD, her cake and table and chairs. And what did you give her for her birthday? So wonderful what your DD is doing for her with the special birthday celebrations.

JanRN ... Yipppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Oh happy days and let the FART-irement begin again ... and may it never end!!!!!!!

Honchey ... hope the clubhouse is working out good for you to get online. Just not as convenient when you have to "go" to the internet instead of having it on demand. But oh, think of all the quilting you will get done.

GGal ... forgot to answer about how I plan my quilts. Unfortunately, I don;t do enough. planning and all too often am then wanting more fabric to finish up a project! Although, I often have a plan, just that as I go, then I say, oh how about doing this? or I like it so much and want it to be bigger. And these are what it gets me in trouble!!! I seldom use a pattern as such ... or take a pattern and then start making changes. Maybe the question for me should be, why can't I go with a pattern? Life could be oh so much easier! Oh wait, I did the PC and FWS ... and didn't vary there too much!

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.