Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
kiffie2413

I have enjoyed reading your news stories in the newspapers you sent with my awesome runner, Likethedog... after I read them, I took them in for my mom to read. She grew up in a small town, Clarendon, Texas...she and I both loved reading their newspaper when my grandparents were still alive and we would visit them. The name of the paper is The Clarendon Enterprise, but we always called it The Clarendon Headache lol...meant in a loving way, of course! They used to have a section called Lelia Lake News (another reaaly small town about 7 miles from Clarendon). In that section their "news" was "So and So was visited by Mrs. So and So this week." And "Mr Whomever went to wherever and did whatever.". I am not kidding, and I still remember reading that "news" and laughing so hard with Mom and Nanny...great memories! I must tell you that your reporting is much the same as my local newspaper..a lil more personal, which I love, sure makes me nostalgic...Sigh, I am O.L.D.

Brat, I have your "new old re-imagined" table runner ready to quilt, er re-quilt. My Horizon 7700 is in the shop (shameful machine, not even a yr old, sewed on very little...grrr!). So I will be quilting on my newer Juki HZL-400, never have used it for quilting, so if you see handquilting, well..... So far sewing with it has been equally as good if not better than on the Janome...and this machine was 3 times less expensive, I didn't know about this model when I "took the plunge" and bought the 7700 I had been hankering for. Gheez, listen to me grousing over having more than one machine, what a doofus I sound like! We won't go into all the other machines I have...
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.