View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Edie

I had two coupons left from the last flyer from JoAnn's. A 50% and a 40%. I bought a fat quarter bundle and two spools of variegated thread. They are really neat on the Quilts for Kids. Why is it that we think we have to use those coupons and spend money to save money on fabric? I love fabric and it is getting a choke hold on me. (Gasssppp!) I have three coals in the fire right now. I figure if I don't get it done, the quilting elfies will do it and if they don't, it isn't meant to be done quite yet. It'll get done. I don't worry about it; I just realize that there is something else on this earth for me to complete before I leave this mortal coil. And I sure am not ready for that yet. I discovered with my scrappies that I have accummulated and a few from the Quilts for Kids I don't really have to buy fat quarters. But I just love the different designs and colors.

Someone wrote in about not buying anymore fabric and using up what we have. I have done four quilts with my leftovers already this year - and one in the works. I do have to buy the background color, but that doesn't count. I still have enough to make maybe three or four more quilts.

I was going to make table runners and/or placemats. but changed my mind because that would put me on a deadline and I'll start something like that later this winter during the doldrums.

I absolutely cannot sit and make a job out of my quilting, because then it just wouldn't be fun anymore. So I just amble along, putting on a pot roast, binding a bit, throwing in a load of clothes, sewing hst's, and on and on!

I think I mentioned this. #1 husband had basal cell carcinoma surgery this past Wednesday and it rendered him all swollen up around his eyes, under his eyes (talk about bags - they were green), so I was tending to him quite a bit. God love him, he has been through so darn much. Hepatitis, two different bouts of cancer, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment Decompression Surgery (How's that for a mouthful) and now his second surgery for Basal Cell. This man is my hero. He's cute too!!!!!!!! It is after 49-1/2 years that I realize he's handsomer than the day I met him. Poor guy, why don't women get better looking as they age. We just sag and drag and bag! And by the time you hit 71, you figure "Hey, that extra piece of chocolate will taste better than it will look!!!!" I have worked for every grey hair I have on this head of mine. Every wrinkle I have are worry wrinkles and I am ONE BIG WRINKLE!!!!!! But I love my Lord, my husband, my family and who could ask for anything else. I have so much to be grateful for. And I do so love life. And I know that I will never be given any more than I can handle. I do need space though. I really need space. My husband bought me a quilting center thing for Christmas and I can't wait to get it together and then I'll really need more space.

So, now I put on a pot roast, throw in a load of clothes and check out what Walgreen's has on sale and cover up with the quilt I made for our son and DSDIL (dear sweet) and bind on that while the football games are on. My husband told me the Vikings don't play until tonight! That means I'll get a lot done during the day today.

Edie