Thread: Sea Urchins WIP
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
woody

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
That is one of the MOST stunning gorgeous quilts I have ever seen. Give us facts. How long did this take you to make?? How difficult was it to pick out the fabrics?? I HOPE you enter it into some major show down in Australia because you will be taking home some very large ribbons. CONGRATULATIONS !!
Thank you everyone for your very kind comments

I started this quilt in June this year, the paperpiecing itself went rather quickly as with the Judy Niemeyer patterns you use her templates to precut all your fabrics.

The part that took the longest was laying out the quilt, and then cutting all those 1/4 circles and doing all the curved piecing. With some of the blocks you pieced them and then cut another 1/4 circle and pieced another bit in, so it looks like layers.

DD helped me pick out the fabrics, the hardest part was finding a good source of the dark fabrics, DD just picked the brightest colours she could find for the rest of it.

If I can get it finished in time my DH has insisted I enter it in our local Canberra show in February next year, so I will see how that goes