View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Retired Fire Chief

My five and food??? The better question is who would eat it first...Oliver will eat anything and everything, when I clean their yard I am never surprised to see something interesting in the....well, you know. Now that he is 1 1/2 he is getting better, but when left in the car he will shred paper or whatever he can find, thank heavens he hasn't eaten a seat or seat belt. Elliott, the biggest, he is a beautiful golden, he is big enough to stand up against the counter and reach anything that is left out and 2 of the labs, Bridgett and Miles are also capable of that so I don't leave anything on the counters when I leave home. I once left a new bag of Frito's chilie chips in the corner by the fridge while we went to one super bowl party. We came home to pick up a corn salad I made for a second party - the chips where added to the salad just before serving. The bag was gone, no sign of it anywhere until, on a whim, I ran upstairs - we only use the upstairs when we have company - but I thought there had to be some evidence somewhere. In the front bedroom I found the bag, it was opened down the side, not torn, it was like someone forced the bag open at each end and right down the side seam. There wasn't a crumb or even a smell of Frito's left. There wasn't even any of the red color anywhere on my beige carpet (thank heavens!). Bridgett did have a little red on her face so I guess she is the one who ate the most.