Old 11-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Pagzz

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Saying that people "think" they 'might' have had a bad experience falls short of offering acknowledgement of those experiences, at least in my book. I personally don't think other quilters are out to terrorize me, so I found your wording in that regard to be extremely unfortunate. Had you omitted the last paragraph of your post, you would be on target with what you were saying.
well I think you seriously misunderstood me. I did not write they think they might have HAD a bad experience. I wrote "who think they might HAVE a bad experience. I was referring to people who based on a few negative reports were now thinking they would be unhappy if they tried to visit a quilting guild.

let me quote some of the posters who sounded like they "thought" they might have a negative experience if they ever visited a guild.

"wow, I just found this post and a friend of mine is thinking about joining a quilt guild and asked me if I would like to go along. I'm thinking twice now!"

"I toyed with the idea of a guild, but won't bother."

"Unfortunately, some people are simply mean. Dh keeps suggesting I join a quilt guild but it just doesn't appeal to me, in the least."

In a previous post I wrote "Don't let this thread deter you. I just reread all the messages and it is only 8 people who have posted specific negative experiences and there are 108 messages in this thread" SO IF you had read my posts perhaps you would have understood me to acknowledge others' negative experiences.

I think quilters are good, sharing people. Sorry if you can't see it that way.

Last edited by Pagzz; 11-12-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: clarification