View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 PM
DebbE

Looks just like the table we bought on Craigslist, except ours if painted green instead of white - same wood top. DH cut the opening as far as possible over to the right, so I had as much table as possible for quilting. Ours was $30, too. Isn't it wonderful to sew now that you are no longer struggling with the weight of the quilt to move around? I made a pattern out of paper of the shape of my machine, and checked underneath to make sure the opening was well clear of the supports. DH drew out the opening on the top, used a drill on the corners and with a saber saw, cut out the opening and filed it till my machine fit properly. He bought long carriage bolts (with rounded tops so they sit flush on the wood top) that hooked through a piece of wood (to hold up the machine), and put the washers & nuts on. Adjusted those till the machine was flush all 4 corners and was level. That leaves room to fit the plugs on the side of the machine, and its under the tabletop. I plugged the machine into an outlet that goes on and off with a wall switch. Love it!