View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 PM
running1

NO!!! Libby, the ten-year-old beagle is the reason we ALWAYS push the chairs up to the table... she will jump up looking for anything. We don't usually leave food on the table, of course, but she'll just go exploring if she can find a way to get up there! I was watering in the back yard a few months ago and looked in the kitchen window to see her looking at me from on top of the table! She knew she was in trouble when I headed for the door! And Mia, the two-year-old yellow Lab recently ate 10 of 12 muffins I'd put on the counter to cool. I'd made them for our Sunday School class, then went upstairs to dress. When I came back downstairs there were dusty paw prints on the counter and only 2 muffins left... well, really only 1 1/2 muffins... she'd taken the top off the 11th muffin... sheesh....
Oh and there was the time my DH had picked up one of those roasted chickens... put it on the table and absent-mindedly went to do something else... yep... Libby was finishing it off when he got back into the kitchen. (I was off on a teacher-trip that time...) Oh he was not happy.... but all that said... I still love 'em!!