View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:50 AM
ajpadilla

I think the key word here is "options." For any given design, for example, you and I might have different prefer preferences when it comes to drawing, printing, and even sewing. The program is versatile in that it allows for these differences. In this specific case, you will note that when you go to print a foundation pieced pattern you are presented with different options. The mirror option is only one of them - you can also print several of the same blocks on one page, you can adjust the size of the seam allowance, etc. So you can set your own preferences. And they might be different from mine.

I am working now with EQStitch, so don't remember if this applies to EQ6, but you could try it. In the version I am working with any of the preferences I choose in the print options remain there every time I go to print, unless I choose to de-select them. So if I choose "mirror" for pp patterns, it will always print them mirrored. Just bear in mind that there might be instances where you don't want them mirrored.

If you would like to refresh your knowledge regarding printing foundation pieced patterns in EQ6, you will find all that information on pages 270-271 of the manual.

Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
I designed an asymmetrical block and printed and pieced it. It was backward. I guess you have to ask for 'mirror image'
(in options) to make it come out right. Funny I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.
Has anyone else had this problem?