Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 AM
gardnergal970

Mirabelle...you are such an artist. I still get stumped when it comes to what FMQing would enhance a quilt which is part of my reluctance to do it more. Are the fires still raging in the other part of your nation?
JanRN...back to retirement. Glad things have settled down for you. That sounds like a really fun road trip you have planned.
OK...you remind me if a juggler....so many things to keep going down on the farm and it sounds like you do it with grace.
Dubib....anything else on the old house? More boxes to go yet at the new one?
DD...do your kids ride the bus to school? You sound like you're way out from civilization. I grew up in WA up in the hills and the nearest town for shopping was 16 miles down a serious grade but we did have our own little school. Mine was the last graduating class...9 of us...when consolidation swept through.
QuiltE...sound like you will have some lovely gifts for your adopted family. So nice to have others to share time and talent with! I would have enjoyed the horse pull too.
Jeanie...so glad you had a good time at the shower. Made all of the work worth it for you.
Carrie...hope you find a lasting solution for your shoulder. You are so young! Mine are both acting up a little but I've used them about twice as long as you have yours.
QNS...such good news for your eyes! You will get back to sewing very soon. Cooking will be easy with your DH having no teeth.
Honchey...did you win at bingo last night?
Anael...we sure miss you. I hope you will soon get lasting relief and can return to your happy self.
Janie...is your snow staying? We had a skiff yesterday and it's all gone but still very cold.
GrannyQ...thinking of you and yours.
I did finally get the borders in my Mirabelle and my list of wips is getting smaller. Flimsys aren't counted in that. Two empty drawers, one empty project box and one empty small tub. Scraps are piling up though and something needs to be done about them. I went to the eye dr last week and found I have joined the cataract gang. They are not to the point of surgery for correction but my new glasses really make a difference. Today I'm back at the jungle quilt I started when I was at the retreat with Carrie. I've revised the design and taken out the star block so I'm in the creative stretching stage to use what fabric I have. So far so good. Young boys wouldn't appreciate the effort to make them anyway.