Old 11-13-2013, 10:56 AM
gale

Originally Posted by Cecelia363 View Post
have you thought of turning them upside down ( if the drawers will flip too)? then the baskets would be just under the surface. I have my home made big board ironing surface on top of stacked totes, 3,2, 3 . the cubby formed in the center by the 2 totes is a great shelf for pressing tools. Also, a really neat idea I saw somewhere , make a hammock for your hanging fabric! glue Velcro under the lip on the back of your table, sew up a muslin "sling" with Velcro to match on one edge then a hanging sleeve on the opposite edge, insert a dowel and hang the dowel on café curtain hooks on the wall in back. The table can still be pushed snug against the wall when not pressing and if something does fall behind just unhook the rod and pull the hammock /sling towards you, the item rolls out! I need one of these!
The drawers can go into either opening so I can just switch them out (which I actually did here-in my old room the drawers were on the bottom). The hammock idea sounds cool but I can't picture it. Do you know if there are any pictures of it online?