View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Elisabrat

use lots of spices one and a bit of cayenne not enough to burn your mouth makes one feel like they used salt. it is as satisfying in my minds eye.

Meal: cooked pasta.. unsalted butter in frying pan melt slow do not brown.. add about a dozen half tomatoes, three or four nice sized minced garlic cloves, cook one or two minutes.. just enough to get that garlic infused in the butter and tomatoes.. add a handful say 1/3 to 1/2 cup basil that you have cut into slivers quick coat the basil, one more minute toss over pasta with a sprinkle of parmesean on the pasta. just enough for flavor not enough to overload your pasta. this works on rice too.. I make my own stock, one chicken water to cover and one onion. celery and carrots based on your flavor desire. boil on hour. you have chicken to eat and the stock to freeze so you can make food without all the extra sodium. canned anything will kill you so give it up instantly. boxed things too.. easiest way to watch sodium is to make it fresh from scratch. if you do this in bunches you can freeze stuff so its not all work everyday. good luck it takes a bit to get used to.. but suddenly you realize just how salty things are.. I am on a limited salt diet too, kidney failure .. low sodium helps me not put on the water that is so hard to take off and not hurt your heart doing it. I am addicted to a bit of cayenne now.. any pepper is way better than salt ever was. going without no so easy but reducing it is