Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

The dressing is used as a 'crust' with the mashed potatoes in the bottom & sides and topped with the gravy & turkey bits and can have a small bit of cranberry relish on the top for color. Looked good in the recipe. I am trying the recipe offered by Red-Warrior for us to have for the evening meal. I 'throw' things together, started with 7 oz of thinly chopped sharp cheddar cheese, about 10 oz of cottage cheese, two packages of frozen spinach and 3 eggs. Added a pinch of kosker salt, put a thin layer of panko bread crumbs on top and sprinkled with paprika and nature's seasoning. I like things to 'look' appealing to the eye before tasting it. To me to grind up the meat, tends to give it a different flavor; to chop it up with kitchen scissors tastes better. I can do the cranberry relish with my Kitchen Aid attachment and it tastes better than doing it in the Cuisinart Food Processor that also chops. Cranberrys, a fresh bag with 3 oranges, two are peeled, 3 stalks of celery, 2 apples through the Kitchen Aid grinder attachment with 3 cups of sugar makes a wonderful relish dish. Cuts the cranberry taste down a bit. You can use it with Sugar free jello and let it set up.

Did I mention our reliable Magtag refrigerator of 7 years quit on us Saturday morning (second time in less than 10 days, and refused to come on the weekend, but scheduled it for Tuesday morning, then had to order a part), so we are surviving without one until tomorrow...it has made us realize how we have depended upon a working unit in our kitchen. With the temps below 40 degrees outside, its made it a bit easier to cope. But we did back it up with a new one from Home Depot that had a very good sale on one...but they could not deliver it Sunday or Monday 'cause it had to come from the warehouse in Columbia, Mo., to be delivered, yep, on Thursday....then we get a call today from them...paperwork did not go through, but they had one in the store that they will send out tomorrow...????Help!! We said "OK!" and wondered why the story changed.