View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 01:49 PM
barnbum

My 22 yeard old son popped the question to his girl of 2 years 8 months. She said "Yes!" Not that we thought she'd say something else.:wink: There's no date set yet; he has one more semester and a summer internship to finish his BT degree.

She's a terrific gal. She never knew her mother, so was raised by her paternal grandparents. She hasn't had an easy road, so we're trying to support her all we can--to show her what it's like to have parents. She recently bought a nice trailer in a park. Mark and I went through the process with her--and Mark's been over several times to help get it winterized. Recently her car died, so she called our son at college--he called Mark who works close to where she was. Mark rescued her. He bought her here so she could borrow one of our vehicles to get to work the next morning. Justin came home from college that night and towed her car to our place and fixed it the next day. Her walls have got the wall hangings I've made her and her ragged flannel is almost done. She's so much fun to spoil because she's so appreciative!!

This is an exciting new chapter for us. And, it's one step closer to being a grandmother, however that will be years down the road I think. My son's fiance would like to get her college degree first. Good plan. I can wait. ;)