Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Rose_P

I was out of town when you posted this, and I'm thankful that I happened upon it today because it's just what I needed to see. Yesterday I bought a Craiglist Necchi Supernova, which the nice seller said in his ad: "works fine". You are not going to believe this, but I did not even ask him to plug it in and show me that it works, because we settled on a price that was such that I might have paid it for just the cabinet, which is a very functional style, even if it's not real wood. Also, I'd rather make sure that there's some oil in a machine before turning it on, and he lived in such a nice area and was so pleasant - and who the heck knows why!

Anyway, I brought it home, but didn't bring it in and try it out because DH has had surgery on a finger and still has stitches and can't help me move furniture at the moment. (That can wait, of course.) Operating purely on faith, I then went on eBay and paid quite a bit for a set of cams and attachments and a manual - all without knowing whether the machine will sew. Today I finally decided that maybe - maybe - it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring the head up here and plug it in. The light comes on - proof that my power source isn't the problem. The motor is dead silent. Could be the foot pedal, or...

In any case, although I'm not about to take a sledge hammer to this sweet little night light/door stop, it does my heart good to witness this option in case things get just too unbearable.

I'm pouting because I didn't hold out for a pink one in working order!
Attached Thumbnails necchi111313.jpg