Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Sheluma

Originally Posted by Lew Schiller View Post
B: How about a setting where we can choose which we prefer?
I think that would require either a cookie, which could get deleted (many people delete cookies after each session), or a CL sign-in with custom user pages. That would require a lot more resources on their servers.

I thought my CL wasn't broken yet, but it's because I search from my bookmarks so my searches didn't change. I see their point about spam, but I wonder if they're planning to have sponsored listings which will be at the top in the default search. The people who search every day will figure out what's going on. For people who don't search every day -- does it matter what order the results are in? I know it's annoying to have them decide what's relevant. But I've gotten used to computers making decisions for me. I used to fight it by "fixing" my settings so that I was in control, but it's a never ending battle so I gave up on most issues. And computers are slowly getting better at doing it right. I still control my spam settings on my mail server (I don't let them decide what is spam and what isn't.) My BIL used to be a relevance analyst for a search engine. When he described it to me it sounded like he was mostly trying to get irrelevant results pushed to the bottom. It's not an exact science.

Are you going to get that Two Spool?? I have a friend in Denver. I might have to make him go get this if you don't want it.