Old 11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

GGal ... I do enjoy doing the Christmas gift for my "adopted' family. Have done two baby quilts for the great niece/nephews and now a 3rd should be with us by Christmas. Haven't decided what that will be yet. It;s nice to see them appreciate and enjoy them. No horse pulls ... it was six horse hitches and then judged on their driving ability, the matching of the horses, the outfitting, etc. I saw several other classes too, 4's, unicorn, singles etc ... just the 6's are such a spectacle, so has become my favourite! You've been productive as ever! Wonder what you will do with the scraps this time? Don't fret on the cataracts ... most times you can go a long time with lens changes before they will have to take action. I was lucky, when that time came, they got me in pretty quick and both were done 2 wks apart.

DublB ... sometimes you just need a break from unpacking to refresh yourself! When I moved I played "games" with myself a bit. I would set the timer and make myself unpack for 30 minutes before I could stop for a break. Lots of times I didn't stop then, but when I did not set the alarm, I would be stopping before the 30! Another I did, would be I had to unpack just one box ... again, I'd often do more, once i got at it, but that helped me get at it!!

QNSue ... soft foods ... I'd go for Maple Custard or rice pudding or tapioca! Main course, how about creamed veggies, pick your veggie. I do scalloped potatoes with sliced onions and carrots. Most people have never had it, but seem to like them when they try them. The sweetness of the carrots and onions with the starch of the potatoes makes for a nice mix. Glad you got your new frig and are happy with it.

Anael ... poor you! On the other hand, I am so happy that your Homecare worker is being so vigilent and keeping a good eye on you. I'm sure it seems like it will be FOREVER before Dec. 3rd gets here. PLease know I am thinking about you!

Honchey ... yeaaaaaaa for your Bingo wins! Glad that you have been able to do a wee bit of sewing. I hope that helps you feel a bit better in doing it, and not depressed that you can't do more. Is your Dr. gone for relief efforts? Or was he there already? I'm sure there is a lot of support from your area, knowing what Sandy was like. What a sad story about your neighbour. Unfortunately, that seems to happen more times than not. So sad. AT first I went 27, wow, lucky you ... then I realized it was 27 and went EEK!!!!!!! ..........(C vs. F!!!!) So there;s your SMILE for the night!

CarrieM ... let's hope the pool therapy helps and/or they move for a quick surgery date, so you can get on with recovery and back to normal! So hard for you to slow down, I am sure. I can't help you much with jelly roll patterns, as I have never used a jelly roll. However, two places to look for ideas ... Liz Katsuro as well as Cozy Quilts (California). It was a Cozy pattern that I used for my avatar quilt. They usually have a free pattern on their site for JRs. And lots of free ones on the Katsuro site too.

JeanieG ... ohhhhhhh such beautiful pics to drool over! glad you had a grand time!

OKSGlad ... nice to see you fly thru ... and wondering if you are on a Jury? or if they are going thru the selection process still? Did you take your hexies with your? When I was on Jury Duty, the first day I went and bought a needlepoint and had it finished before the trial was over. We spent more time out of the court room than in it!

JanRN ... how disappointing for your FART ... and what a horrible start to the day. I am sure you were whipped tonight and ready for bed! DARN ... tomorrow means you have to go back to WORK!

Good news! ... I worked like a little bee this week, and so tomorrow, I am off WORK! Worked on my Fr♥sty Too tonight and have a good start. Hope to be able to get it put together tomorrow then assess what or if I need anything to complete (threads for quilting, embellishments, batting) and then get those on Saturday when I am away. Then be ready to continue on!!

I really do feel so much better when I am sewing ... just have to figure out how to not have to WORK!